A Day at Rising Scholars Preschool
- A Teacher greets child as they enter the classroom. Daily variety and genres of music will be playing until class begins. Children choose a learning material or book until we gather for circle time.
- Class begins with circle time. A daily gathering that also occurs at the end of the day as well as at transition times (after nature walk or yoga).
- Children then work with Montessori Materials for a large part of the class. Here, Teachers make presentations of the materials to individual children and/or small groups. Spontaneous discussions or presentations may take place. Teachers are always available to answer questions, assist and record progress.
- Children have up to 15 minutes to have their snacks.
- We also incorporate French, Art, Crafts, Yoga, Meditation, Mindfulness and Nature walks (weather permitting) on a daily/weekly basis.
- We have a Winter and Spring concert.
- Progress reports are given twice a year
- Field trips (on and off Preschool premises) occur a few times a semester and may include:
- John Janzen Nature Centre
- Edmonton Valley Zoo
- John Walter Museum
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Muttart Conservatory
- Fire Station Tour
- Dental Hygienists
- Senior’s living facilities
- Recreation center
- Edmonton Public Library
- Telus World of Science
- Police station
- Cultural celebrations are acknowledged and celebrated throughout the year.
- A Peace Table (or Place): A designated place where children can go to peacefully resolve conflict and work out their differences.
- Inside voice and walking feet: Children usually need a lesson on finding and using their quiet voice and walking feet in the classroom. This ensures a respectful and safe working environment for everyone.
“Education is a natural process carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment.”
We are a Montessori based Preschool in Edmonton's Ellerslie neighborhood. Our individualized approach to education allows your child to have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
HOURS & INFO
M-F: 8:45am - 3:15pm
Location: 1207-91 Street S.W